Friday, April 22, 2011

Cell Phone Deficient -- Poetry 2011





Sometimes seems as if I’m

the only person on this planet

without a cell phone…

even waiting in food bank line,

buzz or weird ring songs blurt out.

Personally, I can’t afford one;

secondly, who’d I call or

better yet, who’d call me?

Mostly send and receive emails

from family, friends, businesses…

thirdly, in this electronic world,

don’t people want to escape?

Don’t people want to

be free from instantaneous connection;

be free from interruption.

Electronic umbilical chords bind people:

constantly tweeting,

constantly entering Face Book comments…

who doesn’t fear being lonely?



4/22/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to contact me about my writing, art or classes.

Nine Lives Studio, PO Box 11133, Olympia, WA 98508-1133