Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cloche -- Poetry 2011



I need to stop abusing my snooze button;

I have so much to do today. My to-do list

is very time constrained. ack. Ack. ACK

Ahhh, the daily reset button – start again.

Kind of amazing concept that each day we get

to restart and if prepared make forever changes.

Clothed in a bubble of serenity or wild eyed

heart thumping frustration is a choice…

If I can sneak a cloche around with me, I’d

repel swirls of distraction and have smooth sailing.

Considering the summer sun, I’ll pass on the greenhouse

effect of being enclosed in an inverted glass bell jar –

what I really need is an invisibility cloak…



8/21/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to contact me about my writing, art or classes.

Nine Lives Studio, PO Box 11133, Olympia, WA 98508-1133