Monday, August 15, 2011

Morning -- Poetry 2011

I never know what day it is,

especially when first I wake up...

hurts to think that hard first thing in the morning.

Least I'm not asking where I am

or even worse – who am I?

Today I woke up with a massive headache;

thank you persistent migraine for stealing

an entire days productivity from me. I hoped

to drown you in a sea of painkillers and never let

you see daylight again; it took a while to subdue you

as I numbly went about my business holding my head.

Tomorrow I want to wake up and realize I couldn't

be happier to begin again – the promise of a fresh

start even if I don’t know what day it is…



8/15/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to contact me about my writing, art or classes.

Nine Lives Studio, PO Box 11133, Olympia, WA 98508-1133