Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Required Maintenance Requisition -- Poetry 2011

Going to shut my overworked brain off

for the next 8+ hours for maximum efficiency.

Least when sleeping, it’s relatively quiet.

It just gets in the way most of the time.

It’s the part that worries that’s the problem;

constant whirring circulation of bad what if…

It’s the part that renews the passive victimitis…

that’s really where the major fault lies within.

How to out maneuver that tread on me policy?

No amount of time has changed it; it’s far too

embedded in the DNA – a cancer eating self-esteem

even when I think I’ve managed to change.

Maybe if I befriend it…

it is me, I am it… now what?

Required maintenance requisition sent

to the department of internal settings

demanding upgrade to non-victim status…

8/29/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to contact me about my writing, art or classes.

Nine Lives Studio, PO Box 11133, Olympia, WA 98508-1133