Saturday, September 3, 2011

Appearances -- Poetry 2011


I've been in my jammies all day.

It’s one of the perks of working from home.

A personal coach one said:

you need to keep 9 to 5 hours;

get dressed for business;

create art only during scheduled time;

you have to comply with normal hours to succeed.

What about the muses? Bet she never was bitten

with a fierce idea in the middle of the night…

the kind that makes one leap from bed fully awake

seething with energy and an image burned into vision.

Sleep is for the undetermined if you don’t release

your soul to walk the REM depths for insight.

Creativity is a gift but like old age it’s not for weak spirits.

Wandering in pajamas imbued with nocturnal panoramas,

I really want to be there – right on the page... so I will.



9/3/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to contact me about my writing, art or classes.

Nine Lives Studio, PO Box 11133, Olympia, WA 98508-1133