Sunday, November 6, 2011

From a child’s eye -- Poetry 2011

He told fibs:

said things could crawl out of the toilet.

I was afraid go…

He told me:

                Santa wasn’t real – I cried…

                I still see the smirk on his face.

He lied to me:

                so many lies…

they crawled into adulthood.

He tricked me:

                he’d run off  laughing leaving me in the woods…

I stopped following him.

He tortured me:

                flashlight beamed into sleep drenched eyes…

                I woke screaming.

He stole my money:

                sniffing out the scent…

                I’d find my savings box empty.

I loved him for a while:

                kept believing in inherent good

                tucked somewhere in his form.

He still creeps in:

penetrating my dreams…

brother,  leave me alone.



11/6/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to contact me about my writing, art or classes.

Nine Lives Studio, PO Box 11133, Olympia, WA 98508-1133