Monday, April 30, 2012

Behind 4-10-2012

Behind



Take me… seriously? Why did I even apply?

Coated in dog and cat fur,

extra texture added to my black fleece hoodie;

the pilling exterior impossible to remove too.

Her eye skirts my surface noting causal attire:

jeans, t-shirt, fleece hoodie – worn but clean.

Leaving my plump form [also worn but clean],

her eyes slip to another who is neater but less original.

A façade similar to clothing and make-up advertisements,

this one looks normal even clone-ish to her own style.

Rejection waltzes my way; the fur drifts on currents

settling on the less than original décor leaving my trace behind.



4/10/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to contact me about my writing, art or classes.

Nine Lives Studio, PO Box 11133, Olympia, WA 98508-1133